Saturday 13 February 2016

The End of a Season

I weaned Anastasia last month. Yes, tears were shed during the weaning time from her and me. It was an especially significant milestone because it most likely marks the end of the baby years for us.

What years they have been! Completely underserved, I spent the last 7 years pregnant or breastfeeding, or both, minus one month between weaning Lilah and falling pregnant with Ambrose. All I can do is give humble thanks to a great God.

One week old Ambrose

Thank you, Lord, for the lessons and blessings these four babies have given us. Thank you for the grace you gave to sustain me, for opening my eyes to the ever growing list of my failings during this season, and for filling me with the inner peace that despite my faults, I am still your child, resting in your hands, cleansed by the blood of Jesus, full of the hope that you are with me and that I will one day see you face to face. The season has certainly afforded me new knowledge of the Lord, and for that I give thanks.

I have no personal pearls of wisdom to share about the baby season. Perhaps I'll do a post one day of what not to do :) But I can share what many elderly strangers have said to me over these years. "Enjoy them."

No comments: