Friday 6 January 2012

For you, Mum.

My mother bought me a few things to get me started on knitting while we were in Australia in July. Six months later I picked up the needles to make my first project - a tea cosy. It's definitely not perfect, but we've got to start somewhere, right? One of my favourite things to do with my hubby in the morning is to sit down and share a hot pot of tea and read the Bible. We've tested out the cosy and it keeps the tea extra hot for as long as we need it.


I got the instructions to knit the tea cosy from here. If you're a beginner knitter, like me, you need to search the web to learn the basics of knitting (You Tube is helpful). Even better, you could spend time with your Grandma, if you're blessed enough to be able:) I also borrowed an excellent book from the library which explains some mechanics of knitting - it gave me a lot of 'aha!' moments :)
Knitter's Lib by Lena Maikon.

Thank you, my dear mother!

No comments: