Saturday 10 December 2011

Sewing fever

Sewing that crayon roll ignited in me a passion for sewing again. So the next day I finally made some new cushion covers. I learnt that I could use things in my home to create a cover, so it didn't cost a cent. I used the never-fail 'Google' and 'You Tube' combination to search "sew cushion covers" and used this tutorial.

For the first cover I used left over material from the (awesome) nappy bag my mother made while we were in Australia:


For the next cushion I attempted creativity and used scrap material, a belt and an old t-shirt. I used an old thin towel for the back:



For the third one, I used two different scrap materials and an old nighty for the white band:


Eliana seems to like them - she pretends they are new friends :) I'm now on the hunt for more things from our house that I can revamp in order to brighten things up over the winter season!

No comments: