Tuesday 6 December 2011

Crayon Rolls

Last night, Nate bought Eliana some crayons and a colouring book for Christmas. A friend had told me about crayon rolls, so I googled how to sew one (don't you love that google can be a verb!) I took the instructions from here. It was a very rewarding project - a great way to use up scrap material, and it didn't take very long - even for my novice hands. I made two in one night.


I made the one below first, but the size was for regular crayons, and therefore a tight fit for the big triangle crayons that Nate bought. I could foresee this causing frustration for Eliana (picture crayons going flying in the middle of church).



So I added an inch to the height of my next roll and a 1/4 inch for each crayon pocket (7" x 22") and it turned out to be a better fit (although the height could be 1/2" shorter).

I think I want one for Christmas too!


No comments: