Friday 17 December 2010

Christmas crafts

Here are some aprons that I made over summer while I was still full of energy. This one I am particularly fond of. It was my first sewing project and I made it with no pattern and for free using a dress, some lace and a pair of black pants that someone was discarding.



This was my 2nd project and, wow, it was sooo much quicker and nicer using a pattern. Thank you to the ladies at church who helped my sewing grow!


And this apron was made from a pattern found in the Excellent book "A is for Apron". I have borrowed this book from the library 3 times now. It has lots of funky apron ideas and they make great presents!


I've never been one to do crafts before but I have lots of friends that are into it - so when I was invited to a Christmas wreath making day I joined in for the love of fellowship. Here is my finished project, thanks to the help of Jael! Sometimes I like it and sometimes the words 'bling' and 'tacky' come to mind - which is why I'm not a craft person - I can never seem to get the colour/design right. I obviously like this one enough for it to make this post though :)


And here is my latest Christmas project. Do you all know about Picassa? I LOVE it. It's a photo organising program that you can download for free. Look at the fun things you can do with it!


1 comment:

Chris and Jael Schmid said...

Jenni I love your aprons they are so petty! And the wreath looks so nice on the white door! So don't give up with crafts : )