Tuesday 27 July 2010

Foreign visitors

My last two years in Australia, before heading to Mozambique, were spent studying at Sydney Missionary and Bible College, a small but precious school. It was a tremendous time of God working in my life and showing me how His whole Bible points to Jesus. I was also incredibly struck by the on-campus community that I lived in while there. Everyone knew everyone and we ate together, sang together, prayed together, studied together and shared some of the funniest times in my life together! Last weekend I was so thankful to have Prilz, one of my fellow SMBCers come and visit us in KY! Prilz and I lived across the hall from each other for a semester and when I left for Mozambique she faithfully sent me postcards embellished with Aussie flora and fauna and news from home. It's amazing how refreshing and encouraging a simple postcard can be.

A year after I left for Mozambique, Prilz went to Peru as a career single missionary. She and her American husband came to visit me and they were able to tell me a familiar tale of meeting each other on the mission field. I was sad that they were only able to stay one night on their whirlwind road trip but thrilled and thankful to get a good dose of face to face Australian friendship. I forgot to take the camera out while they were here so I had to dig through our photo archives to find an SMBC shot of us.

God bless you Luke and Prilz!

No comments: