Tuesday 27 July 2010

Fruit

Nate has once again proven his green thumb this summer. Our small veranda is over run with tomatoes, bell peppers/capsicums, herbs and various plants. We have already harvested five or six tomatoes and one capsicum not to mention the many times fresh basil and coriander/cilantro have been added to our meals.



And there are more little beauties coming through...







It seems that the more I chop the basil, the better is grows. Look at that healthy fella!




What is Nate's secret to success? Watering and pruning.
As I watch our summer crop grow I am compelled to remember one of my favourite bible chapters, John 15. "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit."
May God, our tender, loving Father, prune our lives so that we bear more fruit for His glory.

No comments: