Saturday 21 June 2008

Our 1 year anniversary

The 2nd of June was our 1st anniversary and we had an excellent time relaxing at Taylorsville Lake State Park -1/2 hour drive from home here in Louisville, Kentucky. As far as the park goes, the hiking was on horribly sludgy horse trails and the lake was only accessible for boats... but it was still splendid jumping back in our trusty red rocket van and hanging out on our camping chairs - just like we did many times on our 10 week honeymoon around the USA a year ago.




My sister, Wooz, told me that she and Tim have a tradition on each anniversary of summing up their marriage the previous year with one word. Nate and I had a go at this and agreed on "revealing". Our marriage revealed a lot about ourselves, our selfishness, God's abundant grace and generosity and how God wants to change us to be more like Jesus. It has been full of joy, even with trials, and I wonder if there could be anyone happier than I am. Being Nate's wife is an underserved blessing and it is a constant reminder to me of God's grace in sending his only Son, Jesus. I did nothing to deserve such a fun, wonderful, loving, godly husband and how much more did I do nothing to be saved!
Even while I was rejecting God, he opened my eyes to the truth. Because of my sin against God, my creator, I deserve hell. But God chose to punish Jesus for my sin. Then God rose Jesus from the dead and set him as ruler over all things. I don't deserve heaven but because I have believed this good news, God has saved me from his coming judgement. He will take me to be with him when my time on this world is over. Knowing Jesus is my greatest joy; and my 2nd joy is sharing this faith with Nate, a picture of God's grace.

2 comments:

Saunders said...

Nate & Jenni....I've found your blog....there is no turning back and no where to hide

amy said...

hi nate and jenni - its time for another summer update to your blog (: